Jor and I are in a Classic's Book Club with some of our Home School friends. It has been fun to discuss some interesting (and not so interesting) books. I just love to discuss things with people! Some of the books have been a big snore to me and there have been a few that I just couldn't make myself read. But once I was there for the discussion, that part was GREAT.
We take turns hosting the book club and picking the book off a book list. In October I get to choose and I'm choosing Orthodoxy by G. K. Chesterton. I picked C. S. Lewis' Weight of Glory last time awhile ago now.
So far we've read: Art of War, Magnificent Obsession, The Law, Lotte's 2nd Treaties on Government, Animal Farm, Screwtape Letters, Alas Babylon and Jane Eyre. It has been an enriching time. We are reading Frankenstein for this month.
Reading is fun, discussing is even more fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment