By Hannah Hurnard
“My Lord is of very tender compassion to them that are afraid.”
“The Shepherd laughed…Why I love doing preposterous things, he replied. Why I don’t know anything more exhilarating and delightful than turning weakness into strength, and fear into faith, and that which has been marred into perfection.”
“Much-Afraid, don’t ever allow yourself to begin trying to picture what it will be like. Believe me, when you get to the places which you dread, you will find that they are as different as possible from what you have imagined."
God really cares about us and doesn’t want us to be afraid. Fear can “begin painting a picture on the screen” of our thoughts and we must learn to reject it. Many years ago, I was tormented with thoughts of how horrible it would be for me to have to tell my college friends that my mom had died of cancer. When the time actually came, it was nothing like I had imagined it. God gave me peace. It is vital that we do not envision a negative future for ourselves. Whatever comes our way, God's grace will be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment